I our house, we love Amazon Prime.
If you didn’t know – Amazon Prime is a premium service from Amazon that includes FREE Two-Day Shipping for eligible purchases, free access to Amazon Instant Video, and the ability to borrow books from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library for $79 a year.
Considering how much we shop on Amazon – Shipping alone pays for itself….everything else is gravy.
Well, today I learned you can get an extension of one month every time a Two-Day shipping is late.
With Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery, your shipping costs can be automatically refunded if the promised delivery time is missed for a guaranteed order. If you received free shipping through Amazon Prime, you may be eligible for a free one-month extension when the promised delivery date is not met.
The following requirements must be met to qualify for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery:
- Shipping method selected is shipping option advertised on a product detail page.
- Order is shipping to Eligible Address.
- Order is placed before deadline listed on product detail page.
- Shipping preference “Ship my items as they become available” is selected if your order contains other items that aren’t eligible for Guaranteed Accelerated Delivery.
- Your credit or debit card must be successfully charged before the deadline displayed on the product detail page.
- An attempted delivery on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
- An offer by the carrier of a delivery appointment on or before the guaranteed delivery date meets our delivery guarantee.
Note: Prime Extensions are limited to one per free trial and 12 for an annual membership. Free Amazon Student and Amazon Mom Prime Memberships do not qualify for this extension.
Given that it is the holiday season – you could easily get a few free months out of them (at least). Of course, you have to call their customer support…but that is a small price to pay for a great service. Now if they can just hurry up with the drone service, I need practice for my skeet shooting.