Now I read a pretty good article on Network World
Microsoft COO tells partners to get with the cloud program now
And it just reinforces what I forsee as a huge market trend.
Here are some highlights:
- Microsoft channel partners need to urgently redefine and evolve their businesses so that they can resell the company’s cloud computing products, according to Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner.
- Right now, there aren’t enough partners on board. Microsoft has more than 600,000 partners worldwide, but only 53,000 are reselling cloud services.
- While that number is up more than 100 percent from last year, Turner said he wants to bring it to about 150,000 in the next 12 months.
- Microsoft is pushing ahead with its vision of having a single Windows API (application programming interface) for all types of devices, from small smartphones to massive displays, so that developers can write applications once, he said.
- He said OEMs this year-end holiday season will release Windows devices in the sub-US$200 and sub-$100 price range, including an HP Stream laptop that will cost $199.
I highly recommend you read the rest of the article HERE, and I iterate to many of you – start brushing up on your EC2, Azure and Cloud Technologies…there is a change coming.