Director of Technical Services, Questionmark Corporation
2007 – Present
Started within Questionmark as the US Technical Support Manager, overseeing 8 Technical Support Representatives who assisted customers with the company’s software platform “Perception” in either an Oracle, SQL or Linux environment. Within a year this position was retitled to Technical Support Manager and expanded to encompass Technical Support teams in the US, UK and Australia, for a total of 17 employees. After 3 years, I was promoted to Director of Technical Services, a position that supervised a globally dispersed staff of 29 team members.
- Fully integrated NetSuite CRM solution throughout the entire organization, with a focus on event escalations to meet Service Level Agreements (SLA) and ITIL Standards. The integration itself reduced ambiguity between all teams due to “like systems” and processes, while the ability to meet SLAs increased the Sales and Marketing team’s confidence in targeting larger customers such as Pearson VUE, HP and SAP.
- Expanded Questionmark’s SaaS offering by deploying their second Data Center in the United Kingdom. This expansion allowed for an increased footprint into markets that were overly concerned about hosting their data within the United States. The estimated 3yr revenue increase due to this projects completion is 25-35%.
- Implemented and ensured security standards that allowed Questionmark to attain SSAE16 Certification, US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor status, and Verizon Cybertrust Server Provider accreditation.
- Over the period of 5 years, lead product integration and support of database connectors for SAP LSO, PeopleSoft, SharePoint and Mobile Delivery. This lead to increased customer satisfaction and revenues, also ensuring Questionmark maintained the technological lead as “Best of Brand” in assessment software.
- Defined and utilized Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Net Promoter Scores (NPS) to monitor and improve the performance of team members in various activities. This has led to quicker resolution times on open incidents and an average NPS Score of 8.9.
- Security Officer for internal IT infrastructure and system auditing
- Member of the Executive Team and Company Strategy Board. The Company Strategy Board’s purpose was to set clear objectives and targets for the upcoming year (both financial and operational), and I represented two teams (Technical Support and Information Technology) on the Executive Team to ensure the operational status of the strategies.
- Personnel Management
- Recruitment of team members to fulfill both new and existing positions
- Personal Development recommendations and mentoring for team members, based on the 70/20/10 methodology of learning.
- Initial, Peer and Annual 360 evaluations of employees, evaluations that led to retention or advancement within Questionmark.
- Team Management
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of both Helpdesk and Team Projects.
- Triaging mission critical incidents that required reallocation of staffing to ensure system availability.
- Adherence to documented ITSM processes.
- Supervision of the 24×7 support and availability of Questionmark’s SaaS offering, to include crisis management and Disaster Recovery.
- Utilization of KPIs and NPS to monitor and improve the performance of team members in various activities.
- Project Management
- Led product and development meetings, ensuring that projects met criteria, stayed within budget and maintained velocity.
- Conducted various stress testing and audits to comply with customer requirements.
- Managed the DevOps deployments of hotfixes, scheduled maintenance and major releases within the company’s development, staging and production environments